You’d think it’d be simple. Especially with ‘no coding’. And it should be. It’s just that sometimes, the logic is so complicated it goes over my head and that’s when we end up spinning round in circles. In any case, I’m learning new things about this program every day and that’s awesome.
So I started off with the issue that even if a symbol is not on screen, the kanji for it will still turn up and that’s really frustrating, especially if you’re close to winning. This kind of fixed that:
Unfortunately, this introduced a new issue which I’ve been trying to fix for the last few days, which is that this code picks the same Symbol animation frame each time, so you end up with like twenty of the same kanji in a row. This is really frustrating if the symbol for the kanji it chooses is hidden behind the other symbols and you can’t reach it. So eventually I managed to fix it (I think/hope) by setting up a global variable ‘bullet’ which records the kanji AnimationFrame the moment the user’s finger touches the screen (i.e. when the bullet is released). If the current animation frame matches the last one, it changes to symbol.animationframe. This seems to work, for now, but I’ll see what happens when people test it which should be happening in the next couple of days.
The problem now is that the words lag behind the kanji. Will have to sort that soonish, it feels like it should have a simple solution but I’m really tired now and every seems to be having mac crashing issues so it’s about time I back up my drive.